At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody, and buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys that you control.
Our clients are sovereign over their bitcoin funds, but we still provide a trusted service. We secure private key and wallet information, conduct KYC identity verification, and hold other sensitive data that must be surrounded by the most secure system possible. While we’re proud of where we’re at, we know that as our assets under management expand, our security and infrastructure need to evolve.
We’re looking for a senior system administrator to help us scale our infrastructure, deliver greater flexibility to our developers & users, and take ownership over our stack. This is decidedly not a “maintain the status quo” job: we are looking for an experienced leader to set goals, propose & refine architecture, and continuously harden our security and help us scale.
Experience with networking, VPNs, VPCs, and managing AWS systems are necessary. The other parts of the stack we’re confident you can pick up through experience working here.
Our ecosystem includes: Git/Github, Jenkins (CI), Elastic Search, AWS, Linux, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Python, uWSGI, Celery, Containers, and some Ansible automation of tasks.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained Capital. You can expect in your first year:
- First Month: As you get onboarded and learn about our current roadmap and plans, you’ll spend a lot of time with our current engineers responsible for our infrastructure. We’ll collaboratively prioritize which projects you should be working on.
- Next Three Months: You’ll be designing, building, and migrating infrastructure, preparing us for yearly pentests & security audits.
- Next 8 Months: You’ll continue to be responsible for infrastructure, but will increasingly fill a trusted role on our team in our production environment. You’ll contribute to our release cycle, on-call rotation, and help us define & execute on strategic initiatives that help our company grow.
What you’ll do:
- Manage our AWS infrastructure (including VPCs, load balancers, instances, etc.) and be responsible for performance and uptime
- Contribute to the evolution of our network security
- Help expand our use of containers & orchestration frameworks to streamline our testing and demo environments
- Contribute to our build system and play a pivotal role in production builds
- Strengthen our monitoring and visibility into application reliability and performance
- Contribute to the improvement of our engineering roadmap
- Acquire and apply domain specific knowledge of bitcoin that helps you anticipate infrastructure needs (bitcoin node redundancies, lightning setups etc…)
- Managing multiple bitcoin and lightning network nodes
What we want to see:
- Minimum of 5 years of system administration experience
- Expert in administering AWS environments
- Experience with administering UNIX-like servers from the command line
- Experience with networking and security (Nice to have certifications: CISSP, CEH, CCNP, AWS Security Specialty)
- Familiarity with providing administrative support for Git, Elastic Search, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Ansible, PostgreSQL, Nginx, uWSGI, HAProxy
- Passion for building secure environments and applications
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org