At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody, and buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys that you control. We’re looking for an HR Professional with a focus on Recruiting to help us grow our team and help set and enforce company policies and best practices.
This is the first full time Recruiter and HR professional at Unchained Capital, so you’ll have a profound impact on the company culture. We expect you’ll lay the groundwork that defines how we hire at scale, what tools we use for hiring, and help accelerate hiring managers from different departments. You’ll also be working on a series of company policies that help us navigate multi-jurisdictional labor laws, and advocate for our company culture.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained Capital. You can expect in your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and learn about our products and services, current roadmap and plans. You will spend a lot of time with the CFO and other members of the executive management team regarding our hiring and growth needs. While learning is the focus, you will begin to perform the basic HR functions for the company.
- Next 3 Months: You will compile a hiring plan, assist with hiring reqs, source, review, and screen candidates, and coordinate interviews with the requisite hiring manager. You will also review and implement a formal onboarding process to ensure the company is compliant with employment and lending laws and candidates are prepared for their position, company culture, and to begin contributing to Unchained.
- Next 8 Months: You will become more involved in the review and revision / update, and compilation of company policies and become fully immersed on managing Unchained’s HR department and maintaining our corporate culture.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the company’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which includes recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Compile and enforce company HR policies and formalize the onboarding process to ensure appropriate training for federal and state banking, lending, privacy and other required legal compliance, as well as physical and information security, with current employees and new hires.
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Provide support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Oversee employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommend best practices; review policies and practice to maintain compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Advocate the corporate culture.
What we want to see:
- Demonstrated passion for bitcoin and interest in building one of the strongest teams in the industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of five years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
To Apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com