At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, and providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody. We’re looking for a Product Designer to make multisig self-custody simpler for non-technical users.
The Product Designer position at Unchained Capital offers a unique opportunity to build solutions to problems where there are few to no comps. One of the biggest challenges in bitcoin is obtaining, maintaining, and using your own private keys. Your job is to make it as simple as possible. This is a highly creative role where you’ll be able to attack problems from first principles, and be involved in setting the design direction for our entire web presence. In this role you’ll work with a talented and experienced engineering team along with product and marketing leaders to delight bitcoiners around the world.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained. You can expect in your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and learn about our current plans. You’ll spend a lot of time with our customers, engineering team, Chief Product Officer, and internal stakeholders understanding our biggest design challenges, and loftiest goals. While learning is the focus, we’re moving fast and you can expect your first contributions to ship in the first month.
- Next 3 Months: You’ll acquire a deep understanding of customer needs and how design can lead the charge in solving some of the hardest problems in bitcoin. You’ll contribute to product plans and specifications, as well as execution on our top priorities in product and branding.
- Next 8 Months: You’ll take a leadership role in product direction and planning. You’ll be involved not just in product and brand design, but in improving our design processes.
What you’ll do:
- Design high quality visuals, interactions and workflows for core products.
- Help shape our branding and online marketing material.
- Maintain relationships with customers and potential customers to help solve novel UX problems.
- Help shephard projects from MVPs to robust functionality while maintaining the overall information architecture and design standards as we rapidly iterate.
What we want to see:
- Minimum 4 years experience in web design
- A deep understanding of bitcoin and familiarity with existing bitcoin wallets/applications
- Evidence of high-quality visual designs
- Excellent remote/telecommuting skills. Even if you work from our Austin office, many of your team members will be remote
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.