Austin, TX or Remote (US-based)
$90k-$130k + Equity
At Unchained Capital, our mission is to help bitcoin holders achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. Unchained products include originating loans backed by bitcoin, providing multi-signature vaults utilizing collaborative custody, and buying bitcoin directly to vaults with keys that you control. We’re looking for an Internal Operations Engineer to help our internal teams and tools scale to meet booming customer demand.
The Internal Operations Engineer role offers an opportunity to empower a team that is vetting, onboarding, and servicing bitcoin multisig clients around the world. You’ll help us manage our integrations with fiat payment systems, build the most lightweight KYC process possible, help us solve data telemetry problems, and much more. Your customer will sit across the room from you (or just a video call away) as you’ll be helping your fellow Unchained Capital colleagues scale our solutions around the world.
You’ll have the opportunity to do a lot at Unchained Capital. You can expect in your first year:
- First Month: Get onboarded and learn about our current roadmap and plans. You’ll spend a lot of time with your engineering colleagues, the Chief Product Officer, and Operations team to understand our architecture and unique challenges with integrations. While learning is the focus, you can expect to ship your first contribution this month.
- Next 3 Months: You’ll connect yourself more to specific customer needs and focus on one in particular. You’ll navigate limitations imposed by our current code base, bitcoin’s protocol, and regulatory and compliance issues that determine our path forward.
- Next 8 Months: Because you’re the first full time Internal Ops Engineer, you’ll be touching many aspects of our front and back end. You’ll help us refactor old sections of our internal applications, completely replace some integrations, and generally lead the charge for technical solutions to our internal scaling problems.
What you’ll do:
- Design, implement, and deliver new cross-application features, including making major changes to our existing schemas or APIs
- Ruthlessly rewrite, refactor, and improve our existing code
- Put to use, or obtain, domain specific knowledge of bitcoin and financial services that help you anticipate architecture and product decisions
- Contribute to our engineering and product roadmaps
- Review pull requests
- Identify opportunities to improve existing systems and workflows for security, flexibility and usability
- Directly work with our Ops team to prioritize our internal tooling roadmap
What we want to see:
- Experience with UNIX-like servers and the command line
- Knowledge of and previous experience in managing AWS environments
- Experience with backend applications including schema and API design (Flask, PostgreSQL, SQLAlchemy, messaging queues, &c.)
- Experience with frontend applications (React, Electron, HTML/CSS)
- Passion for building solid, reliable, secure applications
- Excitement about going deep into a bitcoin-focused project
- Ability to interface with internal clients to gather requirements and prioritize
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com