Unchained Capital is on a mission to empower people to achieve unprecedented financial freedom and control. We are a financial services startup that helps long-term holders of bitcoin preserve and grow their wealth. Unchained originates loans backed by bitcoin and offers a multi-signature vault product utilizing collaborative custody.
Unchained is growing fast and looking to add a dedicated Director of Finance / Controller to our team of rockstars. Are you a detail-oriented numbers person who follows through with a commitment to excellence? Do you pride yourself on prioritizing tasks and projects that will create the greatest impact in a fast-paced startup environment? Do you want to be part of a financial services company building the next generation of cryptocurrency products? Amazing, then you’re just the person we’re looking for!
The Director of Finance / Controller position at Unchained Capital offers the opportunity to manage our day-to-day accounting and credit fund operations. You will be empowered to make a difference every day, improving our processes and owning essential finance functions. If you are passionate about cryptocurrency and want to be apart of a team of brilliant, hard-working, thoughtful, and nice people, we want to hear from you.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of our financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Manage day-to-day accounting operations
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Manage accurate and timely month-end and year-end close
- Manage budgeting, projections, and analysis (FP&A)
- Own fund management and reporting
- Prepare financial reports and projections for investor decks and board materials
- Review and prepare monthly lender reports
- Develop and document standard operating procedures
- Ensure proper internal controls are in place and maintained – Coordinate annual tax filings
- Lead development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Self-motivated team player
- Problem solver with ability to think outside of the box
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
- Hardworking and dedicated
- Startup experience preferred
- CPA designation preferred
- Available to work full-time from our downtown Austin office
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.